Monday, December 18, 2017

Howdy,

I know, it has been awhile since I did a blog for everyone to read.  I have enjoyed my summer and fall quilting for customers as well as getting some quilts completed to post for sale on the website.  I am still trying to learn Instagram and apparently I've managed to get 3 accounts instead of one, so be patient with me until I get them merged into one.

I will post some pictures below of some quilts I have worked on for others.  You may have seen them on Facebook, just in case you haven't, they are below.  I found some cute freestanding lace embroidery projects which I will post below as well. 

I now have my Crown Jewel Longarm quilter which I use daily.  There is a lot you can do with a longarm quilt machine besides longarm quilt a quilt.   I am going to keep you in suspense here, as I am learning to do videos and hope to have them up and running on my facebook as well as my website.  Yes, you will see that I am in the beginning stages of doing video, but I am told the more I do them, the more comfortable I will get.

The family including granddaughter along with a friend and her family did a project for a local cottage outfit in Ft. Collins.  It is sad to report, we have yet to see any payment from Tree Cycled Art. She apparently received a backer who gave her monies to complete her CSU Souvenirs.  She has ran into some difficulty on getting payment from CSU for the 7200 pieces that we did for her, so the story goes.  Hopefully, we all can see some monies before the New Year.

The Destiny II is an awesome machine.  I have done lots of embroidery, scanned a picture for the granddaughter, which this machine digitized and then we embroider it on a sweatshirt. She was thrilled.  I am still learning what all it can do, and amazed what it can do.  Maggie, at Maggie's Sew and Vac https://www.maggiessewvac.com/ in Ft. Collins sold me the machine in March.  This is a lady who doesn't care where you bought your machine, is there to help you with your sewing issues and needs with any sewing machine you have old or new, and any brand.  It is my understanding she was a Home Ec teacher and loves to teach others how to use their machines.  I did my first video when I did my granddaughter's Prom Dress.  Did you know if you have fabric and it is curved or uneven, you can program this machine to stitch around that curve and adjust to keep it exactly even all the way around.  Awesome!!!

This week, I am rearranging my Quilt Studio and then plan on posting a new page on my web page called re-purposed fabric.   This is fabric that I have acquired from Meals on Wheels, along with donated fabric.  There will be different categories such as jelly rolls, fat quarters Charms, Cake Layers and 2-1/2 inch squares.  Also applique which will have the fusible on the back and ready to iron on that outfit you wanted to add to. 

Also, I am still working on donations both cash and fabric for Cheyenne Quilt For Kids.  Lots to learn on how to get cash donations.   I sent a pack of 5 kits to Gillette Wyoming for the FBLA kids to do.  My goal is to get one person in each town to be an organizer for that town and get the younger generation to sewing.  What better way for them to give to that community and we keep the younger ones learning to sew and create outfits for themselves as well as for others.  I try my best to make my Christmas gifts for the family and friends.   Yes sometimes, it is an item that you cannot make, so I do try to get what is on their list.

Well enough of my rambling.   I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous and Happy New Year.

I will leave you with this saying I found on line.

Sewing is magic, creative and fun,
its meant to be shared with a special someone.
Let's fly off to Sewland and stitch something new,
where all the town sews at a quarter or two.
                                       author   Jenny Wilding Cardon.









No comments:

Post a Comment